The Big 95 Triples "Addiction"
* A little about ME
The new trailer "ITsNOwTROUBLE"
Last yrs sled trip
92 XCR 440 Makeover
The New Improved XLT for '08
A little about my sled.
I ride a 1995 XLT Specail 600 Triple.
I bought this sled on ebay 2 years ago and didnt know much about it other than it was way under book price and it looked really good. It turned out being a really good deal and I love the sled.
I have since gone through and rebuilt the clutch and totally rebuilt the suspension to suit my needs. (I like a really stiff and hard susp)
I put all new FOX Shox on the rear susp, and Heavey Duty springs on too.
This should give it a nice stiff ride and help eat up all the rough terrain that I am on.
Here are some Pics of my sled. It is still basically the same as I bought it.
This is my sled
another pic of sled
Some of the new modifications that I have done to it are:
* New skid plate.
* New FOX SHOX all around.
* New DG Silencer.
* New heavey duty springs in the back.
* New windshield (rolled and broke other).
* New slides (and getting new Hyper-fax slides).
* New foot grips.
* New handlebar grips.
* Handlebar riser (2").
* And I also went through and put all new bushings and bolts, nuts, washers, guides, you name its been replaced. Just to be on the new side.
* I also put new hoses and filters in the engine.
* Other than all that the sled stock, still on the original engine with 5300 miles on her.
I plan on using this sled this year if it lasts and buying a new/er sled next year. I am looking at getting a Polaris RMK or a Switchback. I want something with a longer track.
I just purchased a SKS Xtra-12 suspension kit for my XLT. It will bring it from a 121" to a 133.5" track. It also came with a 1.5" paddle track! I am planning on putting it all on over the summer...maybe in Feb...if I have time.